Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
As featured in the Septemeber 2006 isssue of Quick and Simple magazine. Originally printed in the cookbook 150 Best American Recipes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallot, and saute until it just starts to brown; about 2 minutes.
- Add bread crumbs and toast, stirring frequently to avoid burning, until golden; about 3 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a small bowl. Stir in the lemon zest and season to taste with salt and pepper. (The gremolata can be prepared several hours isn advance.).
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the broccoli florets with the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Sprinkle with some salt and pepper to taste and toss ingredients well to coat.
- Spread the broccoli florets out on a large baking sheet. Roast the broccoli until it is crisp-tender and lightly browned; approximatley 20 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Transfer the broccoli to a serving platter, sprinkle with the gremolata and serve hot.
This is a great new way to serve broccoli for me. I loved the texture, and the gremolata added nice flavor.