Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
As featured in the Septemeber 2006 isssue of Quick and Simple magazine. Originally printed in the cookbook 150 Best American Recipes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallot, and saute until it just starts to brown; about 2 minutes.
- Add bread crumbs and toast, stirring frequently to avoid burning, until golden; about 3 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a small bowl. Stir in the lemon zest and season to taste with salt and pepper. (The gremolata can be prepared several hours isn advance.).
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the broccoli florets with the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Sprinkle with some salt and pepper to taste and toss ingredients well to coat.
- Spread the broccoli florets out on a large baking sheet. Roast the broccoli until it is crisp-tender and lightly browned; approximatley 20 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Transfer the broccoli to a serving platter, sprinkle with the gremolata and serve hot.
This is a great new way to serve broccoli for me. I loved the texture, and the gremolata added nice flavor.