As featured in the Septemeber 2006 isssue of Quick and Simple magazine. Originally printed in the cookbook 150 Best American Recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallot, and saute until it just starts to brown; about 2 minutes.
- 2Add bread crumbs and toast, stirring frequently to avoid burning, until golden; about 3 minutes.
- 3Transfer the mixture to a small bowl. Stir in the lemon zest and season to taste with salt and pepper. (The gremolata can be prepared several hours isn advance.).
- 4Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 5In a large mixing bowl, toss the broccoli florets with the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Sprinkle with some salt and pepper to taste and toss ingredients well to coat.
- 6Spread the broccoli florets out on a large baking sheet. Roast the broccoli until it is crisp-tender and lightly browned; approximatley 20 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- 7Transfer the broccoli to a serving platter, sprinkle with the gremolata and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Broccoli With Gremolata
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.2
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 116.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 5.5 g