Recipe by blucoat
This recipe could not be easier and turns broccoli into an addictive side dish!. Recipe is from Seattle's well-known gastro-pub, "Black Bottle", and was printed in this month's "Bon Appétit Magazine" (January 2009). You can sprinkle it with some Parmesan just before serving.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs broccoli, cut into florets (about 8 cups)
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pinch dry crushed red pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F Toss broccoli and 3 tablespoons oil in large bowl to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Transfer to rimmed baking sheet. Roast 15 minutes.
- Stir remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil, garlic, and red pepper in small bowl. Drizzle garlic mixture over broccoli; toss to coat.
- Roast until broccoli is beginning to brown, about 8 minutes longer. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.