Prep 5 mins
Cook 23 mins
This recipe could not be easier and turns broccoli into an addictive side dish!. Recipe is from Seattle's well-known gastro-pub, "Black Bottle", and was printed in this month's "Bon Appétit Magazine" (January 2009). You can sprinkle it with some Parmesan just before serving.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs broccoli, cut into florets (about 8 cups)
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pinch dry crushed red pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F Toss broccoli and 3 tablespoons oil in large bowl to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Transfer to rimmed baking sheet. Roast 15 minutes.
- Stir remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil, garlic, and red pepper in small bowl. Drizzle garlic mixture over broccoli; toss to coat.
- Roast until broccoli is beginning to brown, about 8 minutes longer. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
This has become a family favorite! And we don't like broccoli! Seriously super-easy, super good!
This was cooked perfectly (I was a bit worried, because it was already "beginning to brown" after the first 15 minutes). I will have to make this again in order to judge the seasoning. I served it with Chicken Soy Sauce With Onion and the sauce went everywhere and overwhelmed everything else.
I had clipped this recipe from Bon Appetit several months ago and just got around to making it a few nights ago. We loved it and thought it was very flavorful. It was also quick and easy to prepare. I will definitely make this recipe again. I served it with herb-roasted lamb chops.