Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A simple yet delicious way to prepare broccoli that takes less than five minutes to throw together. Roasting the broccoli with garlic really brings out the flavour. Even kids like this recipe! From the Food Network Kitchen.
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets, stems peeled, and sliced or diced (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Toss the broccoli florets with the olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper on a baking sheet. Spread them out and then roast, without stirring, until the edges are crispy and the stems are crisp tender, about 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.
This is pretty good - it certainly is a quick way to throw broccoli together for a side dish - and much more flavour than steaming. My kids did really like it. I wasn't a huge fan, it was still quite underdone after 20 mins, but the garlic was starting to burn a little so I took it out. If you like your broccoli cooked crisp then this would be ideal for you. Thanks blucoat!