Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is from March '08 Bon Appetit.
- Pre-heat oven to 450°F.
- Trim the broccoli stalks, and cut each crown of braccoli lengthwise into 4 spears.
- Place the broccoli in a large bowl and toss with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Transfer broccoli to a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast the broccoli until crisp-tender and stalks begin to brown, about 25 minutes.
- Return the broc to the bowl and toss with the cheese, to coat well.
Quite a different way to cook broccoli and we did enjoy it. The roasting brought out 'nutty' flavours in the vege and the cheese was a great addition. I wouldn't have thought of cooking brocoli this way-but still my fave way to cook/eat broccoli is steaming. *Reviewed for Aussie NZ Forum May Recipe Swap 08* Photo also to be posted
What a wonderful way to preapare broccoli. The roasting really highlighted the flavor of the broccoli and the olive oil and asiago cheese enhanced it. It went very nicely with roasted lamb and would be great with other roasted meats. We'll be making this one again. Thanks A la Carte!