Recipe by Ms B.
I adopted this recipe when another chef left the site. The text from my original review stated, "I just made this for my lunch. Yum! I had a smaller portion of broccoli, and therefore downsized the recipe. The flavors are awesome together. I used all fresh ingredients (no bottled lemon juice here!). Since I was cooking only for myself, I prepared the lemon garlic butter in a small saute pan and then tossed the broccoli in that pan to coat it. (No need to dirty a serving dish for just me!) I can't wait to prepare this for others. The lemon garlic butter lends this to be a great side for fish...I am thinking grilled salmon would be great." I have since prepared this as a side dish for a multitude of meals. I love the broccoli, lemon, garlic combo.
Top Review by sissaroo
I made this for a family gathering a few nights ago and everyone loved it!! I have to say that it was fantastic even before I added the lemon sauce and to be perfectly honest next time I make it ill toss the broccoli with the oil and then sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic like i did before and then bake and eat it, it was fantastic just doing that.. although it was also amazing with the lemon sauce on it paired with the shrinp scampi we were also having, I would only be omiting the lemon butter sauce to save the calories..
- 1 lb broccoli floret
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss the broccoli with the oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange the florets in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast, turning once, for 12 minutes, or until just tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and lemon zest and heat, stirring, for about 1 minute.
- Let cool slightly and stir in the lemon juice.
- Place the broccoli in a serving bowl, pour the lemon butter over it and toss to coat.
- Scatter the toasted pine nuts over the top.