Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
- Wash broccoli, discarding leaves and toughest part of stem.
- Blanch entire head in boiling water for one minute.
- Rinse under cold water.
- Break off florets and cut remaining stem (peeled, if desired) into 2" pieces.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Pour olive oil onto a baking sheet.
- Spread broccoli pieces in one layer, turning to coat with olive oil.
- Roast at 450 degrees for 5 minutes, turn broccoli pieces over, and continue roasting until broccoli begins to brown, about 5 minute more.
- Whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, and sesame oil.
- Stir in 3 tablespoons sesame seeds.
- When broccoli is done, transfer to a bowl and pour dressing over it, stirring gently to coat.
- Sprinkle with remaining tablespoon sesame seeds.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Very tasty! Thanks for posting.
This recipe is wonderful, although I do agree with Karen that the rice wine is a bit much as is the soy sauce. I will reduce the soy sauce to about 1/8 cup with just a dollop of rice wine. My family raved about this dish and my husband actually ate two helpings, which is amazing because I have a difficult time getting him to eat much of anything green. Thank you for the great dish.
This recipe has potential, but the rice wine vinegar seemed to overpower the other flavors. I would make this again, but decrease the vinegar way back so the sesame and soy flavors can come through. Thanks for sharing...I will play with it!