Prep 5 mins
Cook 18 mins
I am sharing this recipe by Tyler Florence of Food TV. We've made this 6 times in 2 weeks as we just cannot get enough of it. Quick, easy & delish!
- 3 heads broccoli (approx. 3 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, freshly grated
- 1 lemon, juice of
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Trim approximately 1 inch off the ends of the broccoli stalks and cut broccoli lengthwise into spears.
- Arrange broccoli on nonstick cookie sheet, drizzle with the olive oil, season with salt and a generous amount of freshly ground black pepper.
- Toss to coat evenly.
- Transfer to the oven and roast for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top and bake until the cheese melts and forms a crip shell over the broccoli, approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, drizzle with the juice from the lemon.
We enjoyed the broccoli prepared this way. The recipe was quick and easy to make with great results. Love the combination of caramelized broccoli, parmesan and lemon. Thanks for sharing Cindy. Made for What's on the Menu? Tag Game.
This is a great way to cook broccoli. The lemon was maybe too much. But other than that it was perfect. Thanks Cindi :) Made for bargain basement tag game
After reading the other reviews, I decided to steam the broccoli in the microwave for 4 minutes on HIGH. Then I followed the instructions exactly. The broccoli was cooked fine, and it made a lovely side dish.