Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I made this with leftover Broccoli Roasted With Garlic, Chipotle Peppers and Pine Nuts . I make my quiches most of the time crustless. But by all means make yours with a crust if you desire to. Just adjust the cooking time to 425 degrees for the first 15 minutes then lower to 350 for 40-45 minutes.
- 2 cups broccoli, roasted and chopped (#191126)
- 2 cups jarlsberg cheese (your favorite) or 2 cups monterey jack pepper cheese (your favorite) or 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded (your favorite)
- 6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a lightly buttered pie dish place broccoli then cheese then bacon.
- Mix eggs, milk and seasoned salt together. Pour into pie dish and press to distribute.
- Place into oven and bake till set about 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and let set for 15 minutes before slicing.
Wonderful and so easy to do - you could use up lots of leftover vegies here as well as putting in chicken or tuna or make it meatless so five stars for VERSATILITY that's for sure - if you ever cannot think of what to cook for dinner then here is the answer as there will always be something in the pantry to throw in - I kept to the recipe and loved this dish - made for ZWT3 - thanks Rita
It couldn't possibly have been better. I did use #1911263 for the broccoli and a mixture of cheddar, monterey jack and asadero cheeses. I precooked a prepared piecrust for 10 minutes, then filled the crust. Then I cooked the filled quiche at 425 for another 10 minutes, then turned down to 350 for the rest of the time--about 45 minutes. I used half a teaspoon of L...ry's seasoned salt since I didn't have a homemade seasoning salt mixture available. That deficiency will be remedied. This is a WONDERFUL quiche. I recommend it enthusiastically!
This was a great crustless quiche. My husband and both really enjoyed it. A tad too much salt (between the roasted broccoli and seasoning salt), but I can easily cut that down. Will diffently make again.