Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
My friend Beverly made this recently for a group at our church and I loved it. I could eat it every week.
- 1 lb broccoli
- 2 lbs cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 -6 minced fresh garlic cloves
- 1 lemon, juice of
- salt and pepper (up to 1 tsp each)
- chop vegetables in large bite sized pieces.
- combine all ingredients in a bowl or ziplock toss to coat and let stand to marinate 10 minutes.
- pour out onto a shallow baking pan and roast in 475 degree oven for 25 minutes. May cook faster or slower depending on the size of your vegetables.
We had both cauliflower and broccoli in our CSA farm box, so this was the perfect recipe for us to try with our fresh veggies. Similar to Marg (CaymanDesigns) review, some members of my family felt the lemon juice was a little strong as well. We also had trouble with the broccoli being done before the cauliflower. Next time I make this I will use a little less lemon, start my cauliflower first, then add the broccoli and maybe top it with some fresh grated parm when it's all done.
I had trouble with the broccoli being done sooner than the cauliflower. I would recommend putting the cauliflower in about 5 minutes and then adding the broccoli. The lemon juice was a little strong for a few members of the family. We all enjoyed our first time having these vegetables two roasted.
At first I wasn't sure I liked the lemon in this recipe. However, after the vegetables sat for a bit, the lemon was quite nice!
I used more salt and pepper and olive oil as well.
Very good recipe! One I will be making again!
Thanks for sharing..