1/1 Photo of Roasted Broccoli and Brussel Sprouts
The vegetables get so nutty and caramelized and the lemony vinegarette makes it fresh and delicious. It is great hot, warm, or even cold. Great tossed with a hearty green like spinach, arugula or watercress.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash veggies and **DRY THOUROUGHLY**. You want them to be bone dry, or they will not caramelize. They will steam.
- 2Slice broccoli stems into 1/4 inch thick rounds, cut florets in bite sized pieces. I like to have as many flat sides as possible so they get as caramelized as can be. Remove the core end of the brussels sprouts and slice them in half.
- 3Place veggies in a single layer on a parchment lined sheet tray with sides. Toss with 2 T of the olive oil, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Roast in the oven for 20-30 minutes depending on how crisp you like them. Stir halfway through cooking time. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- 5Whisk together the remaining 2 T oil, honey, lemon juice and zest, dijon, cayenne and salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Toss with the veggies and cheese if using. Serve immediately or allow to come to room temperature.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Broccoli and Brussel Sprouts
Serving Size: 1 (384 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.3
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 114.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 10.1 g