Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Adapted from a recipe by Ina Garten.
- 1814.36 g broccoli, cut into large florets
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 7.39 ml kosher salt
- 2.46 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 44.37 ml toasted pine nuts
- 78.07 ml freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 29.58 ml chiffonade fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 425°F Wash the broccoli and dry it THOROUGHLY. (If it's still damp, it will not brown properly.).
- Toss broccoli with olive oil, salt, pepper and sliced garlic. (You should not use an expensive extra-virgin oil in this step; all the volatiles that make it special will cook out.) Roast 20-25 min until crisp-tender, and the edges of the florets are beginning to brown. Shake the pan occasionally.
- Add lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil (here is where you break out the high-quality super-flavorful stuff), pine nuts, Parmigiano and basil. Toss thoroughly and serve hot.
Super Yum! What an amazingly simple recipe with such a knockout taste!
Delish! Halved the recipe - skipped the lemon zest and the pine nuts, just because. LOVE this! It was gobbled up and I will be making this again. I love the lemon juice and the unexpected fresh basil flavor.
Yummy! We liked this.