Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Recipe from Mark Miller
Make and share this Roasted Brined Pork Tenderloin Rolled in Toasted Pecans recipe from Food.com.
- 2 whole cinnamon sticks
- 3 whole star anise
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon allspice berry
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 3 cups warm water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 4 pork tenderloin, trimmed of fat and silverskin (about 8 ounces each)
- 1⁄2 cup honey mustard
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- To prepare the brine: Coarsely grind all the spices in an electric spice mill, without powdering them.
- Combine the spices, warm water, sugar, and salt in a heavy saucepan and stir to dissolve.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, remove from the heat, and let cool.
- Place the tenderloins in the brine, cover with plastic wrap, and marinate in the refrigerator for 12 to 14 hours.
- To prepare the pork: Remove the tenderloins from the brine and let them come to room temperature, 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the tenderloins on a roasting pan, brush them with some of the honey mustard, and roast, turning them every 5 minutes, for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the internal temperature is about 140 degrees for medium rare.
- Remove from the oven, brush heavily with the remaining honey mustard, and roll them in the chopped pecans.
- Put them back in the oven for 4 to 5 minutes to brown the pecans, taking care not to burn the nuts.
- Remove the tenderloins from the oven and let them rest for a few minutes.
- Slice the meat diagonally into 1/2-inch slices.