12 hrs 20 mins
Recipe from Mark Miller
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 whole cinnamon sticks
- 3 whole star anise
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon allspice berry
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- 1/4 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 3 cups warm water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 4 pork tenderloin, trimmed of fat and silverskin (about 8 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup honey mustard
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1To prepare the brine: Coarsely grind all the spices in an electric spice mill, without powdering them.
- 2Combine the spices, warm water, sugar, and salt in a heavy saucepan and stir to dissolve.
- 3Bring to a boil over high heat, remove from the heat, and let cool.
- 4Place the tenderloins in the brine, cover with plastic wrap, and marinate in the refrigerator for 12 to 14 hours.
- 5To prepare the pork: Remove the tenderloins from the brine and let them come to room temperature, 1 to 2 hours.
- 6Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- 7Place the tenderloins on a roasting pan, brush them with some of the honey mustard, and roast, turning them every 5 minutes, for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the internal temperature is about 140 degrees for medium rare.
- 8Remove from the oven, brush heavily with the remaining honey mustard, and roll them in the chopped pecans.
- 9Put them back in the oven for 4 to 5 minutes to brown the pecans, taking care not to burn the nuts.
- 10Remove the tenderloins from the oven and let them rest for a few minutes.
- 11Slice the meat diagonally into 1/2-inch slices.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Brined Pork Tenderloin Rolled in Toasted Pecans
Serving Size: 1 (765 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 909.4
- Calories from Fat 369
- Total Fat 41.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 328.2 mg
- Sodium 4030.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 16.0 g
- Protein 107.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: