beach bum in the Philippines's Note:
Here is a great Italian appetizer recipe that we served at the catering company many times--a delightful taste of mussels, garlic, and cheese in a crusty topping. It's easy to make and a great crowd pleaser--try it at your next party!
My Private Note
per per ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- 2Prepare the scrubbed mussels for cooking by checking to make sure that none of the shells are open (discard the open ones).
- 3Place the mussels in a pan with 1/2 cup of water or dry white wine over medium high heat and cook stirring frequently just until the mussels begin to open. Remove and put into a bowl as the shells will continue to open.
- 4When all of the mussels are removed, strain the liquid through a sieve or cheesecloth and reserve the liquid. You should have a 1/4 cup of the liquid. Now remove the mussels from their shells reserving half of the shells. Place the halved shell on a baking sheet and place a mussel in each one.
- 5In a small bowl, combine the garlic, parsley, oregano, grated cheese, and breadcrumbs. Now sprinkle the mixture over the mussels in a thin layer. Now drizzle the olive oil and a little of the reserved liquid over the breadcrumb mixture.
- 6Bake the mussels for about 10 minutes or until the tops of the breadcrumbs are brown and crisp (careful not to burn the breadcrumbs).
- 7Serve right away and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Mussels Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mussels Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Breaded Mussels (Cozze Al Forno)
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.4
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 42.4 mg
- Sodium 523.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 19.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: