Norahs Girl's Note:
A filling salad ideal for a barbecue. Use whichever bread you have to hand!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 red peppers
- 1 red onion
- 1/2 English cucumber
- 4 ripe tomatoes
- 8 stoned black olives
- 6 slices bread (of choice, I use ciabatta)
- virgin olive oil, to coat on bread (I use an olive oil spray)
- 1/3 cup virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1Grill or roast the peppers until the skin is blackened and blistered.
- 2Place in a plastic bag until cool enough to handle.
- 3Peel, seed and cut into thin strips and set aside.
- 4Heat oven to 200°C/400°F degrees.
- 5Peel the onion and slice into rings.
- 6Thinly slice the cucumber.
- 7Thickly slice the tomatoes.
- 8Arrange these ingredients as well as the olives and peppers on a serving platter.
- 9Brush or spray the bread slices with the olive oil and cut into cubes and bake in the oven until golden and crisp (about 10 minutes).
- 10Combine all the dressing ingredients in a screw top jar and shake well.
- 11Sprinkle the salad with the bread cubes.
- 12Drizzle with the dressing before serving.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Bread Salad
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 334.2
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 269.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 5.2 g