Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A filling salad ideal for a barbecue. Use whichever bread you have to hand!
Make and share this Roasted Bread Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 red peppers
- 1 red onion
- 1⁄2 English cucumber
- 4 ripe tomatoes
- 8 stoned black olives
- 6 slices bread (of choice, I use ciabatta)
- virgin olive oil, to coat on bread (I use an olive oil spray)
- 1⁄3 cup virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Grill or roast the peppers until the skin is blackened and blistered.
- Place in a plastic bag until cool enough to handle.
- Peel, seed and cut into thin strips and set aside.
- Heat oven to 200°C/400°F degrees.
- Peel the onion and slice into rings.
- Thinly slice the cucumber.
- Thickly slice the tomatoes.
- Arrange these ingredients as well as the olives and peppers on a serving platter.
- Brush or spray the bread slices with the olive oil and cut into cubes and bake in the oven until golden and crisp (about 10 minutes).
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a screw top jar and shake well.
- Sprinkle the salad with the bread cubes.
- Drizzle with the dressing before serving.
I made this great dish for a light, simple meal. It was fabulous.