Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A filling salad ideal for a barbecue. Use whichever bread you have to hand!
Make and share this Roasted Bread Salad recipe from Food.com.
- Grill or roast the peppers until the skin is blackened and blistered.
- Place in a plastic bag until cool enough to handle.
- Peel, seed and cut into thin strips and set aside.
- Heat oven to 200°C/400°F degrees.
- Peel the onion and slice into rings.
- Thinly slice the cucumber.
- Thickly slice the tomatoes.
- Arrange these ingredients as well as the olives and peppers on a serving platter.
- Brush or spray the bread slices with the olive oil and cut into cubes and bake in the oven until golden and crisp (about 10 minutes).
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a screw top jar and shake well.
- Sprinkle the salad with the bread cubes.
- Drizzle with the dressing before serving.