1/1 Photo of Roasted Bone-In Chicken Breasts With Herbs
Here is an easy basic recipe that you can tweak to your tastes. If you don't have wine, use chicken broth. Don't use a cooking wine!! If you want to use wine but don't know any good ones, talk to someone working at the wine department of your local grocery. They should be able to recommend a good tasting, reasonably priced (under $10) bottle. You can also use boneless, skinless chicken breasts if you prefer: just adjust the cooking time. If you have time, let the chicken breasts marinade for at least an hour. I usually throw this together in the morning before I go to work, then bake it that evening. For a complete one pot meal, you can add a couple of potatoes to the baking dish with the chicken before you put it in the oven. Then all that's left is maybe another veggie :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 118.29 ml white wine
- 14.79 ml dried onion flakes
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 fresh garlic clove
- 4.92 ml dried thyme
- 2.46 ml dried rosemary, crushed
- 1.23 ml ground sage
- 1.23 ml dried marjoram
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground black pepper
- 0.59 ml hot pepper sauce
- 2 chicken breast halves, bone-in with skin
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2In the baking dish you are going to use, prepare the sauce/marinade by combining all of the ingredients.
- 3NOTE: you can also use a good poultry seasoning that isn't completely ground in place of the rosemary, sage and marjoram since these are usually in this mix. If you use a poultry seasoning, use 1& 1/2 teaspoons.
- 4Poke the chicken breasts several times to allow the seasoning to enter the meat through the skin.
- 5Put the chicken breasts in sauce, and turn several times to coat thoroughly.
- 6Place skin side down (breast down) in a shallow baking dish and cover with foil.
- 7Bake the breasts for 15 minutes, and baste the chicken regularly during this time the pan drippings.
- 8Remove the foil, flip to breast/skin side up. Continue baking another 20 - 30 minutes OR until the chicken juices run clear. This will help crisp up the skin.
- 9Serve the chicken some of the pan juices as a sauce.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Bone-In Chicken Breasts With Herbs
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 376.1
- Calories from Fat 244
- Total Fat 27.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 640.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 15.9 g