Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is so good and so easy! You can use more or less of the ranch, I usually use the "Fat Free" packet. Requires no additional salt due to high salt content in packet. I like to bake this in a roasting stone and surround with potatoes and root veggies to make complete meal.
- 1 double breast bone in chicken
- 1 (5/8 ounce) packet ranch dressing mix
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- Rinse chicken breast and use knife to lift skin.
- Squeeze juice of half lemon over breast and under skin.
- Combine all spices and garlic and rub under skin.
- Spray or rub skin with olive oil.
- Dust with paprika.
- Place remainder of lemon under breast and bake uncovered at 375 degrees for approximately 45 minutes. Time varies depending on weight of breast.
Was great! We used double the meat for the same amount of seasoning. It was delicious!
Holy salt! I love salt, but this was a bit much, it overpowered the rest of the flavors. Next time I'll either halve the seasoning salt or omit it all together, because there was good flavor there (under the salt). 3 stars for now, but I hope to bump it to 4 when I reduce the amount of salt.
This is a great idea, I used a Watkins mix in place of the dressing called for in the recipe, but otherwise followed the directions here. It was very good and we served it with Apricots and a mixed medley of vegies. Thanks for sharing.