Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe was so good that we had to share it.
- 1 lb bluefish, fillet
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Lightly saute onion and garlic in olive oil.
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
- Place the fillet in a lightly oiled baking dish with the skin-side down.
- Cover it with onion-garlic mixture and tomatoes, then capers and dill.
- Drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Roast for 15 to 20 minutes or till the fish becomes opaque.
Fixed this for dinner tonight and it was absolutely delicious! Like one other reviewer I added the capers and tomatoes to the saut?ed onion/garlic. The capers were a perfect touch.
Just delicious! I used an oven proof skillet so kept it down to one pan. will try it with other fish but love bluefish once the red is cut out. from LEGS
Wonderful! Served it with basmati rice and edamame. Only deviations from the published recipe were that I used 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes and 2 tsp dried dill instead of fresh, and I mixed onion/garlic mixture, tomatoes, capers and dill together briefly in the skillet to marry the flavors before covering the fish and drizzling the oil and balsamic. Btw, a 1 lbs fillet was more than enough for two adults and a ravenous 7 year old.