Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
Stumbled upon this recipe which was posted on zestycook.com, the poster was ZestyCook. Looks delicious and I can't wait to try it out!
- 4 chicken thighs (Bone-In)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 orange, juice of
- 1⁄8 cup roasted pecan
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried coriander
- Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees F.
- Preheat Skillet on high heat.
- Season chicken thighs with salt, pepper and coriander.
- Place skin side down in the skillet and cook for 6 minutes until skin becomes golden (you want to lock in the flavors - so don’t move the chicken around or flip it until it turns golden.).
- Once one side is browned, flip over and repeat the process.
- Place chicken in a casserole dish or roaster.
- For extra flavor, leave all the bits in the skillet, then add the butter, sugar, and orange juice to begin creating the sauce.
- Once the sugar is dissolved, stir in the blueberries and cook for 6 minutes.
- Add the sauce over the chicken and cook at 350 Degrees for about 35 minutes uncovered.
- Remove the chicken from the sauce and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and place back in the oven to crisp the exterior.
- Place sauce on stove top and bring to a boil to thicken.
- Preheat dry pan and roast pecans for about 3-4 minutes - moving and shaking them often to avoid burning.
- Remove chicken from oven, top with sauce and finish with roasted pecans.