Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted and peeled
- 1 yellow bell pepper, roasted and peeled
- 1 orange bell pepper, roasted and peeled
- 1 purple bell pepper, roasted and peeled
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- You may use any color combination of peppers as long as there are 4 peppers to each recipe.
- Roast and peel peppers: Put peppers on a foil-lined cookie sheet and place them directly under the broiler.
- Leave them there until the skins turn black, then turn them with tongs.
- When all sides are black, remove them to a small paper bag and fold shut.
- Leave for 15-20 minutes before picking off the skin and removing the seeds.
- Cut each pepper into strips and place in a shallow dish.
- Combine all other ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Pour over the peppers.
- Allow to cool and refrigerate.
- Bring back to room temperature before serving.