Recipe by Karen's Krazy Kitchen
A taste of heaven for garlic lovers. Serve at room temperature. Great on your antipasto platter with whole wheat pita bread and my Mortadella Roll Ups With a Salami and Cream Cheese Filling.
- 12 bell peppers, of assorted colors
- 1⁄2 cup garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Rinse out a large roasting pan and leave the moisture in the pan.
- Wash the peppers, leave the moisture on them and place in the roasting pan.
- Lower the oven to 325.
- Bake the peppers until soft, about 40-60 minutes. Green peppers take longer than red so just keep an eye on them.
- Turn them over once during the cooking process.
- All ovens run different - You want the skins to look puffy and a bit charred before you take them out.
- Place them in a large deep bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- When cool, remove the peppers from the bowl.
- Strain the juice left over in the bowl and return it to the bowl.
- Remove the skins and seeds from the roasted peppers (do not rinse).
- Slice thinly and place back in the bowl with the juice.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Marinate in the fridge for at least 3 hours, overnight is best.