A taste of heaven for garlic lovers. Serve at room temperature. Great on your antipasto platter with whole wheat pita bread and my Mortadella Roll Ups With a Salami and Cream Cheese Filling.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Rinse out a large roasting pan and leave the moisture in the pan.
- Wash the peppers, leave the moisture on them and place in the roasting pan.
- Lower the oven to 325.
- Bake the peppers until soft, about 40-60 minutes. Green peppers take longer than red so just keep an eye on them.
- Turn them over once during the cooking process.
- All ovens run different - You want the skins to look puffy and a bit charred before you take them out.
- Place them in a large deep bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- When cool, remove the peppers from the bowl.
- Strain the juice left over in the bowl and return it to the bowl.
- Remove the skins and seeds from the roasted peppers (do not rinse).
- Slice thinly and place back in the bowl with the juice.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Marinate in the fridge for at least 3 hours, overnight is best.
Such simple and beautiful flavors! I cut this down to 2 peppers, green and yellow. Thanks for a yummy recipe!
The combination of colors and flavors in this dish was very good. I only made a half-recipe portion as I am not a huge pepper fan, but DH helped out with the tasting and gave it good marks. Will definitely make this again, and serve with antipasto, warm bread, and a hot Italian pasta dish. YUMMY! Made for Fall 2008 PAC.