Recipe by dojemi
Top Review by ckambic
We decided to have a tea for my mom's 75th birthday. We all made something-I chose to make this. Very good and easy to make. I liked the fact that I didn't have to worry about trimming crusts. I love red peppers; add garlic, basil, and cheese to them... and bam! Thank you, dojemi, for posting.
- 1 bread baguette, slice in 1/2 and remove some insides
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 (15 ounce) package fontina or 1 (15 ounce) package provolone cheese, shredded (or your favorite)
- 2 (12 ounce) jars roasted red peppers packed in oil, drained,rinsed and sliced
- 48 leaves fresh basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine oil and garlic and brush some on baking sheet lined with foil.
- Place the two baguette sides, cut side up, on sheets.
- Spoon 1/4 of cheese on each, pressing slightly.
- Top with roasted peppers, then with remaining cheese.
- Top with basil leaves.
- Brush with remaining garlic/oil mixture.
- Bake in 425 degree oven for 10 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.