Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a delightful antipasti I like to serve with crostini when I fix an Italian dinner. It is so delicious and makes great use of an abundance of home grown peppers. I am always asked for the recipe when I serve this.
- 3 red bell peppers
- 2 yellow bell peppers
- 2 green peppers
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili sauce
- 4 canned artichoke hearts, drained and sliced
- basil leaves (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Place whole peppers on foil and bake for 45 minutes until beginning to char. (You may want to check after 35 minutes for your desired degree of doneness).
- Remove from oven and cover with a dish towel. Let cool 5 minutes.
- Peel and seed peppers and slice lengthwise into strips (do not run under water to remove the peel).
- Combine peppers, sun dried tomatoes and artichoke hearts.
- Whisk together garlic, vinegar, oil, and chili sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over pepper mixture and scatter with basil leaves.
- Serve with crostini.
Not the best recipe to MAKE on a blistering summer's morning, that 400 degree oven really heats up your kitchen. But the next day, when it is still blistering hot, it is the most wonderful recipe to EAT! The only change I made was to use canned palm hearts instead of canned artichoke hearts. We had this as part of a Middle Eastern mezze appetizer for a festive lunch, with toasted pita chips, hummous and lots of lovely minty lemonade. Wonderful recipe!