Recipe by llk2day
This recipe was created from a simple Quiche recipe I had around for ages...I thew in some things I had in my refrigerator and was surprised in how good it came out so decided to see what you think....
- 5 eggs or 1 (16 ounce) carton egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 1 (9 inch) flaky pie crusts, baked partially
- 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese, grated (Can use a mix of jack and mild cheddar also)
- 1⁄2 cup roasted sweet peppers (type found in a jar, drain and rinse off oil before cutting into small pieces)
- 14 ounces artichoke hearts (type found in can, drain off liquid)
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk the eggs, half & half, garlic, salt & pepper together in bowl and set aside.
- Sprinkle the Jack cheese over the partially cooked pie crust.
- Distribute evenly over the cheese the roasted pepper, artichoke, and basil.
- Pour the egg mixture over all.
- Top with the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for one hour or until a inserted knife comes out clean.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes before cutting. Serve warm.