1/3 Photos of Roasted Beets With Ginger
1 hr 5 mins
I have no idea where Mom found this recipe but she sent it to me and asked me to prepare it for Thanksgiving. We enjoyed it immensely, so much so I'm posting it to share.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Carefully scrub the beets clean trimming off the leaves and the long root tip. Tightly wrap beets in aluminnum foil and place in oven for 40-50 minutes or until the beets are tender and the skin is loose. Remove from oven and cut a slit in the foil to allow the steam to escape.
- 3Allow the beets to cool enough so that you can handle them. Trim the ends and peel the skin. The skin should slip of quite easily. If not then perhaps the beets need a bit more cooking. Cut the peeled beets into sixths or eighths - depending on the size of your beets.
- 4Heat oil under medium low heat. Add ginger and cook one or two minutes. Keep the heat low as you are looking to release the flavor. If your ginger sizzles or browns, then your heat is too high. Add the beets and cook two or three minutes. Add balsamic vinegar and cook another minute or so. The oil, vinegar and ginger should create nice glaze covering the beets.
- 5Serve and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Beets With Ginger
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 158.3
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 177.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 19.3 g
- Protein 4.0 g