Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
From my friend Christa, who swore this recipe would make me love beets. We shall see.
Make and share this Roasted Beets With Cumin and Mint recipe from Food.com.
- Stir together lemon juice, cumin seeds, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Stir in oil and let stand while roasting beets.
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 425°F.
- Tightly wrap beets in a double layer of foil and roast on a baking sheet until tender, 1 to 1 1/4 hours. Cool to warm in foil package, about 20 minutes.
- When beets are cool enough to handle, peel them, discarding stems and root ends, then cut into 1/2-inch-wide wedges.
- Toss warm beets with dressing. Stir in mint just before serving.
- Beets can be roasted and tossed with dressing 4 hours ahead, then kept, covered, at room temperature.