1/4 Photos of Roasted Beets in Gingered Syrup
Food & Wine. Note overnight marination time. Make ahead! The beets can be refrigerated in their syrup for up to 1 week.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 325°. Put the beets in a large roasting pan. Drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with pepper.
- 2Cover with a sheet of parchment paper and then with a double thickness of foil, sealing tightly. Bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until the beets are tender when pierced. Remove from the oven and let cool, covered.
- 3Meanwhile, in a medium stainless steel saucepan, combine the vinegar, sugar, ginger, cloves, bay leaf and salt. Simmer over low heat until syrupy, about 20 minutes.
- 4Strain the syrup and let cool to room temperature.
- 5Peel the beets. Thickly slice them or cut into 1/2 -inch wedges.
- 6Transfer the beets to a large bowl and pour the syrup on top.
- 7Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve chilled or warm, in the syrup.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Beets in Gingered Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 190.7
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 157.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 39.5 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: