Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a quick shortcut recipe where you have all your veggies in one dish in 10 minutes. I use the ready peeled baby carrots but regular peeled carrots cut in 1/2 inch diagonal slices will do. Steam your carrots ahead of time. I like to add a quartered onion or two to the casserole but remember that they will still be crisp after the 25 minute baking time
- 1 (14 ounce) canof rosebud beets, well drained, cut in half (or quartered depending on their size)
- 2 cups carrots (either baby carrots or peeled, 1/2 inch slice, steamed until tender)
- vegetable oil, a spray
- 3 tablespoons Catalina dressing
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly spray your prepared carrots with veggie oil (I use Olive oil) and place in a casserole dish large enough to accommodate the beets as well.
- Mix Catalina dressing with the ginger.
- Add beets to the carrots along with the dressing.
- Place in heated oven for approx 20-25 minutes or until heated through and lightly glazed.
- If you want them well browned place under broiler (6" from heat source) for the last 10 minute.
- Turn them over a couple of times as they are baking.
- Wonderful served with pork or chicken.
easy to make and really good. I will make this recipe again! Thank you for sharing the great recipe
This was delicious Bergy. I added 2 small vidalia onions like you recommened and steamed them with the carrots, and sprayed both the onions and carrots with olive oil.