Recipe by Redsie
Top Review by more time momma
Sweet and tasty, I prepared this entire recipe on the gas grill for a company dinner while the chicken slow roasted beside it. Carrots and beets were fresh from the garden, although a little small. I used jarred ginger and cut down a little on the catalina. I will use even less next time. Was pretty, fragrant and delicious on salad.
- 4 medium beets, trimmed (1 lb)
- 6 medium carrots
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup Catalina dressing
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Wrap each beet tightly in foil. Bake 1 hour 15 minute
- Meanwhile, peel carrots; cut diagonally into 3/4-inch-thick slices. (You should have about 4 cups carrot slices.)
- Remove beets from oven; cool. Meanwhile, place carrots in large shallow baking dish. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat. Bake 30 minute
- Unwrap beets; remove and discard skins and stems. Cut each beet into eight wedges. Add to carrots along with the combined dressing and ginger; toss to coat. Bake an additional 15 minute or until vegetables are tender.