Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
- 4 medium beets, trimmed (1 lb)
- 6 medium carrots
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup Catalina dressing
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Wrap each beet tightly in foil. Bake 1 hour 15 minute
- Meanwhile, peel carrots; cut diagonally into 3/4-inch-thick slices. (You should have about 4 cups carrot slices.)
- Remove beets from oven; cool. Meanwhile, place carrots in large shallow baking dish. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat. Bake 30 minute
- Unwrap beets; remove and discard skins and stems. Cut each beet into eight wedges. Add to carrots along with the combined dressing and ginger; toss to coat. Bake an additional 15 minute or until vegetables are tender.
Sweet and tasty, I prepared this entire recipe on the gas grill for a company dinner while the chicken slow roasted beside it. Carrots and beets were fresh from the garden, although a little small. I used jarred ginger and cut down a little on the catalina. I will use even less next time. Was pretty, fragrant and delicious on salad.
You can't go wrong with this recipe if you love beets and carrots. Roasting enhances their innate sweetness and the catalina dressing compliments them beautifully. Made for the Newest Zaar Tag.