Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Colourful beets seasoned with thyme, black pepper, raspberry vinegar and orange juice. Roasting the beets brings out their wonderful flavour.
- 12 beets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove the tops and the roots of the beets and peel with a vegetable peeler. Cut the beets in 1 ½ inch chunks. (Small beets can be halved, medium ones cut in quarters, and large beets cut in eighths).
- Place the cut beets on a baking sheet and toss with the olive oil, thyme leaves, salt, and pepper. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, turning once or twice with a spatula, until the beets are tender.
- Remove from the oven and immediately toss with the vinegar and orange juice. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve warm.
We love roasted beets and these were good.Only had white wine vinegar,but it worked.