Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I was looking for a savory new way to prepare beets, so this is what I came up with. I liked it so much I wanted to post the recipe here so I can make it again!
- 2 lbs beets, raw
- 1 large onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Peel the beets and cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Halve and slice the onion.
- Toss the vegetables with the oil, salt, pepper and vinegar.
- Bake in a single layer in a roasting pan at 400 degrees for 45 minutes, stirring several times.
This was a simple, cheap, and yummy way to prepare some fresh savory beets. I halved the salt amount, and it was still a bit salty though. Next time I will quarter the salt amount. 45 minutes roasting at 400 worked out perfectly for me, and everything was nice and carmelized:) Thank you for sharing! I will definitely be repeating this recipe again.
This was a nice switch from the way I usually prepare beets. Liked the vinegar flavor, I left the salt out entirely and it still was great. I had to bake my beets a little longer than was stated, will cut smaller next time, but was in a hurry today.
Very good. Did it without the onions as I didn't have any. Much, much better than plain old boiled beets. The balsamic made a nice glazey coating.