Rhiannon and Matt's Note:
Our beetroot are nearly ready to come out, so we're on the hunt for some good recipes. Here's one that I found on Australian dairy company, Pauls' website which I would like to try out. It has a dressing that sounds beautiful, made with orange juice & rind, plain yoghurt and garlic.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 beetroots, unpeeled, cut into wedges
- 1 sweet potato, unpeeled, cut into wedges
- 20 g butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons orange rind, finely grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 500 g baby spinach leaves
- 100 g green beans, blanched
- 2 tablespoons pistachio nuts, chopped, toasted
- pepper, to taste
- 1Place beetroot and sweet potato in baking dish, drizzle over the butter and sprinkle with sugar.
- 2Bake at 200°C for 45 minutes, turning occasionally.
- 3Combine yogurt, juice, rind and garlic.
- 4Arrange the spinach, beans and roasted vegetables on serving plates.
- 5Drizzle over the dressing and sprinkle with pistachio nuts and pepper.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Beetroot (Beet), Sweet Potato and Spinach Salad
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.6
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 8.7 mg
- Sodium 142.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 14.5 g
- Protein 5.9 g