Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Our beetroot are nearly ready to come out, so we're on the hunt for some good recipes. Here's one that I found on Australian dairy company, Pauls' website which I would like to try out. It has a dressing that sounds beautiful, made with orange juice & rind, plain yoghurt and garlic.
- 3 beetroots, unpeeled, cut into wedges
- 1 sweet potato, unpeeled, cut into wedges
- 20 g butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons orange rind, finely grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 500 g baby spinach leaves
- 100 g green beans, blanched
- 2 tablespoons pistachio nuts, chopped, toasted
- pepper, to taste
- Place beetroot and sweet potato in baking dish, drizzle over the butter and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 200°C for 45 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Combine yogurt, juice, rind and garlic.
- Arrange the spinach, beans and roasted vegetables on serving plates.
- Drizzle over the dressing and sprinkle with pistachio nuts and pepper.
Lovely recipe! Left out the green beans & added 1/2 a pineapple - sliced & grilled. Left out the sweet potatoes & added onion which I tossed with the roasted beet - made the onion a wildly beautiful shade of pink. Dressed salad in kitchen - was beautiful with shades of deep magenta & pink against the dark grren spinach & yellow grilled pineapple. Not a bit was left even though the recipe was doubled (there were 4 of us LOL). Thanks for a really wonderful recipe I will use again & again. Imagine that, a low fat salad that tastes unbelievably good!