Recipe by MarieRynr
This vegetable side dish is as good at room temperature as it is hot. When serving hot they go well with roasted meat. Cooled, serve them as part of a salad selection or a light meal, with a chunk of feta cheese, either crumbled over or served whole to slice as needed.
Top Review by Nobility
This is amazing! I didn't have enough beetroot so substituted potatoes for half the beetroot. This will be on my make often list. It would be good just with potatoes too I think
- 750 g beetroots (about 6)
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 2 tablespoons oregano
- 1 sprig mint, chopped
- coarse sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the beets and trim the stems to about 3 cm. Cut into 4 to 6 wedges, depending on size. Put the wedges in a baking dish that will hold them all in one layer. Add the vinegar, oil and herbs along with a good pinch salt. Toss well.
- Cover the dish with foil and roast in a preheated oven at 200*C for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and roast until just tender when pierced with a fork, about 20 minutes more. There should still be some liquid in the dish; if this evaporates too quickly, add a spoonful or so of water during cooking.