Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- Preheat the oven to 400F degrees.
- Lightly brush a roasting pan or cookie sheet with 1/2 tablespoon of the olive oil.
- Place the beets and onion in the pan and roast in the oven for about 30 minutes, or until the beets are tender.
- Add the walnuts to the roasting pan for the last 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the remaining 4 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil with the balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper until well blended.
- Peel the beets and onion, slice and add to the bowl with the toasted walnuts.
- Add the spinach and toss together.
- Transfer the salad to serving plates and sprinkle with the blue cheese.