Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Oh goodness, this is a super way to eat beets! Beets, roasted, diced with ginger, jalapeno, garlic, mint and cilantro. Throw in a little lime juice and mmmmm..mmmmm! Adapted from Chef2Chef!
- To roast beets:.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Trim the tops off the beets and drizzle with the olive oil. Season the beets with salt and pepper, wrap them in aluminum foil individually and roast until tender, about 40-60 minutes(depending on how large they are). When cool enough to handle, peel the beets.
- While the beets are roasting, place the shallot, jalapeno, ginger, garlic, mint, cilantro, lime juice and 6 tablespoons of olive oil in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- When the beets are done, carefully remove the foil. Let cool, and then peel the beets by slipping the skins off with your fingers. Dice the beets and add salsa mixture, stirring to combine. Taste for seasoning.
- Great served with fish or eaten alone as a salad!
An unexpected but delicious way to use beets! I didn't have any shallots so I used red onion, and threw in some extra jalapeno. Me and my husband loved this. Will be making again. Thanks!
Tasty, a bit strong. Only complaint was that my beets which were smaller than medium didn't cook fully in the specified amount of time. I wrapped them all together. Was I meant to wrap them separately? I used canola oil to drizzle them for the baking as the only olive oil I have may have burnt in the oven since it is unrefined, sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, instead of shallot I used green onion, in place of jalapeno I added cayenne pepper powder, to taste, freshly squeezed lime juice, unrefined extra virgin olive oil in the dressing, plus the rest of the ingredients. Ate as salad to my health! Made for Veggie Swap 38 ~ September ~
5 Stars, delightfully different, a definite keeper! Served this as a side to reheated rotisserie chicken, it really jazzed up the meal. Made for Please Review My Recipe.