1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This is a terrific salad. Everything can be prepped ahead easily, then just putting everything together at the last minute. I always have this at Thanksgiving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 medium beets, trimmed and washed
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- 2Combine the walnuts with the olive oil, salt and pepper, mixing well to coat the nuts.
- 3Spread on a baking sheet and bake until toasted, about 7-10 minutes.
- 4Set aside to cool.
- 5Wrap the beets individually in foil and place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees until tender, about 1 1/2 hours.
- 7Let cool for 20 minutes, then peel the beets by holding them under cold running water and rubbing off the skins.
- 8Cut into 1/2-inch wedges, and place in a large mixing bowl with the walnuts and onion.
- 9Combine all the dressing ingredients, taste and adjust the seasonings.
- 10Pour over the beets and toss well.
- 11Let sit at room temperature at least 1 hour.
- 12Just before serving, arrange the spinach leaves in individual bowls or on a large platter.
- 13Arrange the beets on top and crumble the goat cheese over.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Beet Salad with Walnuts and Goat Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.4
- Calories from Fat 232
- Total Fat 25.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 11.2 mg
- Sodium 481.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 6.5 g