Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Food & Wine 1998
- 3 medium beets, preferably a mix of red and golden beets
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups mixed salad greens, such as arugula, mesclun and radicchio
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Wrap the beets in foil and roast for about 1 1/4 hours, or until tender. Let cool, then peel the beets and cut them into 1/4 -inch dice.
- In a bowl, whisk together the orange juice, zest, honey, vinegar, mustard and oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Add the beets and toss to coat. Arrange the salad greens on a large plate and top with the beets and red onion.