This recipe originates from Ms. Paula H. Deen, a true-blue southern Steel Magnolia. Isn't she the absolute best? What a great recipe for a picnic or potluck!
- Spray a broiler pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Toss the beets with the garlic and 1 teaspoon olive oil and arrange in a single layer on the broiler pan.
- Broil on high for approximately 10 to 15 minutes, turning every 2 or 3 minutes until the edges of the beets start to brown.
- Remove the beets from the oven and cool to room temperature.
- Toss the beets with the remaining ingredients and serve.