Recipe by Mercy
This recipe originates from Ms. Paula H. Deen, a true-blue southern Steel Magnolia. Isn't she the absolute best? What a great recipe for a picnic or potluck!
Top Review by mammafishy
WOW this will go down as one of my favorites!! I just made 1/2 a batch to see if I would like it and then went back and made another 1/2 batch just because I about ate the whole thing the first time around. I already had boiled my beets earlier in the week, so I started by slicing them and adding the oil/vinegar mixture. I love roasted beets so I know this would only add to the flavor, so will for sure do that the next time I make this. All I had on hand was 'Seasoned Rice Vinegar' with roasted garlic but I thought this would help replace the first step of roasting the beets with the garlic. Delish!! Thanks for posting!!
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans beets, sliced and drained
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup ripe olives, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a broiler pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Toss the beets with the garlic and 1 teaspoon olive oil and arrange in a single layer on the broiler pan.
- Broil on high for approximately 10 to 15 minutes, turning every 2 or 3 minutes until the edges of the beets start to brown.
- Remove the beets from the oven and cool to room temperature.
- Toss the beets with the remaining ingredients and serve.