1 hr 20 mins
Abby Girl's Note:
This salad makes a great showy presentation and is terrific with any grilled meat or fish. I have used blue cheese and gorgonzola for a different taste. The beets can be roasted up to 2 days ahead of time. I got this recipe from Cooking Light
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 medium beets (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 cups salad greens
- 4 teaspoons red onions, minced
- 4 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2Place beets on a baking sheet lined with foil. Bake at 425° for 45 minutes or until tender. Cool the beets slightly. Trim off beet roots; rub off skins. Slice each beet into 8 wedges.
- 3Combine feta cheese and the next 6 ingredients; stir well with a whisk.
- 4Divide greens evenly among 4 plates, and top with beet wedges. Spoon dressing over salad. Sprinkle with onion and parsley.
- 5Note: The beets will bleed into the feta if the salad is mixed too much. Add the dressing at the end and mix very little to prevent this.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted-Beet Salad With Feta Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 77.0
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 252.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar