Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This salad makes a great showy presentation and is terrific with any grilled meat or fish. I have used blue cheese and gorgonzola for a different taste. The beets can be roasted up to 2 days ahead of time. I got this recipe from Cooking Light
- 3 medium beets (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 cups salad greens
- 4 teaspoons red onions, minced
- 4 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Place beets on a baking sheet lined with foil. Bake at 425° for 45 minutes or until tender. Cool the beets slightly. Trim off beet roots; rub off skins. Slice each beet into 8 wedges.
- Combine feta cheese and the next 6 ingredients; stir well with a whisk.
- Divide greens evenly among 4 plates, and top with beet wedges. Spoon dressing over salad. Sprinkle with onion and parsley.
- Note: The beets will bleed into the feta if the salad is mixed too much. Add the dressing at the end and mix very little to prevent this.
Great tasting salad. Next time I make it I think I will use golden or orange beets. The red ones kind of "bleed" into the dressing making it a pink color.