Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This salad makes a great showy presentation and is terrific with any grilled meat or fish. I have used blue cheese and gorgonzola for a different taste. The beets can be roasted up to 2 days ahead of time. I got this recipe from Cooking Light
- 3 medium beets (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 cups salad greens
- 4 teaspoons red onions, minced
- 4 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Place beets on a baking sheet lined with foil. Bake at 425° for 45 minutes or until tender. Cool the beets slightly. Trim off beet roots; rub off skins. Slice each beet into 8 wedges.
- Combine feta cheese and the next 6 ingredients; stir well with a whisk.
- Divide greens evenly among 4 plates, and top with beet wedges. Spoon dressing over salad. Sprinkle with onion and parsley.
- Note: The beets will bleed into the feta if the salad is mixed too much. Add the dressing at the end and mix very little to prevent this.