Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad is a little bit time consuming, but worth every minute. Roasting fresh beets are so much more superior to canned....there is no comparison
- 4 -6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained, rinsed and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup feta cheese (aout 85 g)
- 7 large beets
- salt and pepper
- BEETS: Preheat oven 400. Wrap beets individually in tin foil. Cook in oven for 1 hours or until tender. Remove, open foil (carefully) and let sit until cool enough to handle (10 - 15 minutes). Wearing gloves, cut off top and bottom of beet. Take a fork and place it in one end of beet. Take a knife and run down lengthwise of the beet to remove the skin. Cut into cubes. (Make ahead: this can be done to this point and chilled, up to 24 hours).
- In a small bowl, combine dressing and add carefully to beets. Chill for at least 3 hours for flavours to blend.
- Season according to personal taste.