Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Saw this today and thought it sounded great. From Joy of Kosher.
- 4 medium red beets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 orange, juice of
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Clean the beets and place on the baking sheet. Roast for an hour or until tender with a fork. Cool, peel, and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- To make the vinaigrette, puree one of the cooked beets with the lemon and orange juice, balsamic vinegar, the garlic, cumin, paprika, salt, pepper and olive oil. This can be done a day in advance.
- Before serving, toss the beets with vinaigrette. Adjust seasonings to taste and garnish with cilantro.