Prep 1 hr
Cook 2 hrs
You can roast the beets in advance. This is a very popular potluck dish and a real time saver for dinner parties since you can prepare this beforehand. This is appetizing as well as impressive.
- 3 bunches mixed beets (Get different colours if you can!)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wash beets and trim, but don't peel.
- Place in a large bowl and toss with oil, salt and pepper.
- Place beets in a large pan in single layer and cover with foil.
- Roast for 1- 11/2 hours.
- Let cool and then peel and slice beets (don't wear any whites!) then arrange on large platter.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients and pour over sliced beets.
- Allow to marinate at room temp for 1- 2 hours.
This was very good! I have never made beets before, but I found a bunch (3) of golden beets on sale, and I found your recipe and gave it a shot. I only had 3 beets, so I halved the dressing and only drizzeled with Olive oil before roasting. It turned out really nice and it's so simple to make! Thanks for sharing!
OMG, sooo easy & sooo delicious! If you think you don't like beets, roast them. This is a wonderful salad that can be made wayy ahead which means it will make several appearances this summer! Thank you! Made for the Summer Berry & Salad Challenge 5/08.