1/1 Photo of Roasted Beet Relish With Feta on Crostini
1 hr 15 mins
This recipe comes from Californiagreekgirl website. Cook time is for the roasting the radishes. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large red beets, washed and roasted, diced finely
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, as needed
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 lb feta (crumbled or thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons diced shallots
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 18 inches baguette, cut into slices
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Wash and dry beets well. Rub with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- 3Place on a baking sheet and roast until they are fork-tender, about 45-1 hour.
- 4Allow the beets to cool and peel. Finely dice the beets.
- 5Place the beets in a bowl.
- 6In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, remaining oil, garlic, capers, and honey and combine.
- 7Pour the dressing on top of the beets and stir to combine.
- 8Place a thin slice of feta on the each grilled Crostini and add the beet relish.
- 9Sprinkle crostini with shallots and chives and serve immediately.
- 11Heat a grill pan or broiler.
- 12Brush both sides of the bread slices with olive oil.
- 13Place on a baking sheet and place under the broiler until dark brown on both sides.
- 14Or place on a grill pan until dark brown on both sides.
Browse Our Top Greek Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Beet Relish With Feta on Crostini
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 807.7
- Calories from Fat 518
- Total Fat 57.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 50.5 mg
- Sodium 1090.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 18.6 g