Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe comes from Californiagreekgirl website. Cook time is for the roasting the radishes. Enjoy!
- 2 large red beets, washed and roasted, diced finely
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, as needed
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄2 lb feta (crumbled or thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons diced shallots
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 18 inches baguette, cut into slices
- 1⁄2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash and dry beets well. Rub with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Place on a baking sheet and roast until they are fork-tender, about 45-1 hour.
- Allow the beets to cool and peel. Finely dice the beets.
- Place the beets in a bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, remaining oil, garlic, capers, and honey and combine.
- Pour the dressing on top of the beets and stir to combine.
- Place a thin slice of feta on the each grilled Crostini and add the beet relish.
- Sprinkle crostini with shallots and chives and serve immediately.
- Heat a grill pan or broiler.
- Brush both sides of the bread slices with olive oil.
- Place on a baking sheet and place under the broiler until dark brown on both sides.
- Or place on a grill pan until dark brown on both sides.
wow oh wow this good,canned beets,im just saying try this onezwt9
Still licking my chops with this recipe. We love beets, but I hate the prep (and red fingers) so I always buy bags of vacuum-packed, pre-cooked beets from the supermarket - a great timesaver and very inexpensive. The dressing was wonderful and I added capers 'by eye' as they are stated in the directions but seem to be a forgotten ingredient in the ingredient list. Bright, sprightly flavours that counterpoint the sweet, earthy deepness of the beets.