- 2 beets (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 cup diced Asian pears or 1 cup ripe pear
- 1⁄4 cup diced celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 2 curly leaf lettuce leaves (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425f degrees.
- Leave root and 1 inch of stem on beets, scrub with a brush.
- Place beets in a small baking dish.
- Bake at 425f degrees for 50 minutes or until tender.
- Cool, trim off beet roots, rub off skins, dice beets.
- Combine beets, pear, celery, and pistachios in a medium bowl.
- Combine juice and next 5 ingredients (juice through red pepper), stirring well with a whisk.
- Drizzle over beet mixture, tossing gently to coat.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled on lettuce leaves, if desired.