Canned beets can be used in a pinch, but fresh roasted are best. Can be made early and spooned onto lettuce at dinner time. adaapted from Cooking light.
- Preheat oven to 425f degrees.
- Leave root and 1 inch of stem on beets, scrub with a brush.
- Place beets in a small baking dish.
- Bake at 425f degrees for 50 minutes or until tender.
- Cool, trim off beet roots, rub off skins, dice beets.
- Combine beets, pear, celery, and pistachios in a medium bowl.
- Combine juice and next 5 ingredients (juice through red pepper), stirring well with a whisk.
- Drizzle over beet mixture, tossing gently to coat.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled on lettuce leaves, if desired.