Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Canned beets can be used in a pinch, but fresh roasted are best. Can be made early and spooned onto lettuce at dinner time. adaapted from Cooking light.
- Preheat oven to 425f degrees.
- Leave root and 1 inch of stem on beets, scrub with a brush.
- Place beets in a small baking dish.
- Bake at 425f degrees for 50 minutes or until tender.
- Cool, trim off beet roots, rub off skins, dice beets.
- Combine beets, pear, celery, and pistachios in a medium bowl.
- Combine juice and next 5 ingredients (juice through red pepper), stirring well with a whisk.
- Drizzle over beet mixture, tossing gently to coat.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled on lettuce leaves, if desired.
Wonderful salad that mde everybody happy. Light, fresh and delicious!
I had small beets so I roasted six of them. Also, I used 2 Tbsp OJ and 1 Tbsp lime juice since I realized too late that I was out of lemon juice. It worked nicely. I find that the pistachios and cayenne give this dish just the right kick. Nice job.
I made this salad when I saw it in "Cooking Light" and loved it. I also roasted my beets, it was so easy and the presentation is beautiful, great for a dinner party.