1/2 Photos of Roasted Beet Pasta
1 hr 35 mins
Babs in Toyland's Note:
Recipe posted in response to a request. This is actually a recipe I found at FoodTV network by Molto Mario. I like to make this pasta at Christmas because of it's beautiful red colour. It is delicious and can be used any way you like, whether it be for some ravioli or fettucine or any shape of pasta you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
To prepare roasted beets
To prepare roasted beet pasta
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, toss beets with oil and salt to coat.
- 3Place on lined baking sheet and place in 400 degree oven for 1 hour.
- 4Remove and allow to cool (about 20 minutes).
- 5Then puree in food processor.
- 6Peel beets under running water and cut into 1/4 inch dice.
- 7To make pasta: Make a mound of the flour in the center of a large wooden cutting board.
- 8Make a well in the middle of the flour and add the eggs, beet puree and any other flavorings you choose.
- 9Using a fork, beat together the eggs, oil and flavorings and begin to incorporate the flour starting with the inner rim of the well.
- 10As you expand the well, keep pushing the flour up to retain the well shape.
- 11Do not worry that this initial phase looks messy.
- 12The dough will come together when 1/2 of the flour is incorporated.
- 13Start kneading the dough with both hands, using the palms of your hands primarily.
- 14Once you have a cohesive mass, remove the dough from the board and scrape up any left over crusty bits.
- 15Lightly flour the board and continue kneading for 3 more minutes.
- 16The dough should be elastic and a little sticky.
- 17Continue to knead for another 3 minutes, remembering to dust your board when necessary.
- 18Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and allow to rest for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- 19Note: do not skip the kneading or resting portion of this recipe, they are essential for a light pasta.
- 20Roll out to four 7 inch by 16 inch sheets and cut in whatever shape you wish.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Beet Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 428.8
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 93.0 mg
- Sodium 1287.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 13.6 g