- 6 medium beets, cut off tops of the beets and washed (red and golden)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed through a garlic press
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice, ground
- 1 cup black olives
- 1 orange, slices and then cut into small triangles
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wrap beets separately in foil and then roast them for 1 hour until tender. Cool to room temperature and then peel the beets and cut them into 3/4 inch pieces.
- In a large serving bowl whisk together dressing ingredients (oil - allspice) and then add the beets, olives and oranges to the bowl and toss.
- Let marinate one hour at room temperature before serving.
- Add mint and toss again.