Recipe by Abby Girl
You can't miss with this combination!!!
Top Review by *Parsley*
I agree, you cannot go wrong with this combination! I love to roast fresh beets. This salad and dressing are very easy to make but the taste is fantastic. The goat cheese really makes this salad special. Love it. Thanx!
- 4 beets, roasted
- 1 teaspoon shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons stone ground dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat goat cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Roast beets: Wash beets and place in tin foil. Bake in 400 oven for 45 - 1 hour (depending on size). Test beets with a fork to see if cooked inside. Remove and let cool slightly. Peel and set aside. (can be done in advance).
- Vinaigrette: Combine shallots, balsamic vinegar, olive oil and grainy mustard. Salt and pepper to taste. (can be done in advance).
- In a bowl, add just enough dressing to coat lettuce leaves. Divide salad on plates, top with red onion and sprinkle with goat cheese.