Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I had purchased a similar frozen dinner,So I thought I would try it my self. If you have any idea's to improve what I came up with I wold like to hear them
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless bottom round roast (or what you like)
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 5 ounces red wine
- 2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1 stalk celery (sliced thin)
- 4 baby portabella mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- salt and pepper
- Mix onion soup, half the beef broth,and the wine.
- Pour over roast and bake until done (350).
- When done put roast on plate to cool.
- Save broth in pan.
- In a wok or frying pan add about 2tbs.
- oil, add carrots and celery.
- cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms cook for about 2 more minutes and then add broth from baking pan and the rest of the canned broth.
- You can either thicken with a little cornstarch or cook down to thicken.
- To serve:1/2 c cooked noodles or rice, 2oz beef, 3oz sauce.