Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Make and share this Roasted Beef Tenderloin With Merlot Shallot Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped fresh sage
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) center-cut beef tenderloin
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped shallot
- 1 1⁄2 cups merlot
- 1 1⁄2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350°; heat a big nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over med-high heat.
- Combine sage, garlic, pepper, and 2 teaspoons salt; rub over tenderloin.
- Add tenderloin to pan; cook 6 minutes, lightly browning on all sides.
- Insert a meat thermometer into thickest portion or tenderloin.
- Cover handle of pan with foil; bake at 350° for 25 minutes, until thermometer registers 140° (med-rare) or desired degree of doneness.
- Place tenderloin on a cutting board, cover loosely with foil; let stand 15 minutes.
- Make the sauce: heat a pan coated with cooking spray over med-high heat; add in shallots; saute 3 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in wine; bring to a boil; cook until reduced to ¾ cup (about 4 minutes).
- Stir in broth; cook 6 minutes or until reduced to 1 ¼ cup.
- Add in butter, stirring until melted; stir in parsley and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Serve sauce with tenderloin.