1/2 Photos of Roasted Beef Tenderloin With Basil-Curry Mayonnaise
This recipe sounds complicated, but is actually quite easy. Adapted from Giada De Laurentiis, Food Network.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, plus 2 teaspoons
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 1/2-4 lbs beef tenderloin, trimmed
- 1Place oven rack in center of oven and preheat oven to 400 degrees F; spray heavy, rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- 2Using a mortar and pestle, or spice grinder, grind the cumin and coriander fine (this can also be done using a plastic bag and a rolling pin or the bottom of a pan).
- 3In a medium skillet, over medium heat, toast the spices until aromatic; place in a small bowl.
- 4Chop the garlic and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt; using the side of your knife, scrape the garlic and salt to form a paste, then add to the spices.
- 5Also add the remaining 2 teaspoons of salt, pepper, and oil; stir until mixture is smooth.
- 6Place roast on the prepared baking sheet and rub all over with the spice mixture.
- 7Roast in oven until a meat thermometer registers 125 degrees F, for medium-rare, about 35 to 40 minutes.
- 8Transfer meat to a cutting board, tent with aluminum foil, and let rest 20 minutes before carving.
- 9Meanwhile, prepare the mayonnaise: In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mascarpone, basil, curry powder, and paprika until mixture is smooth; season with salt and pepper.
- 10Slice meat into 1/4 inch thick slices and arrange on a serving platter; spoon mayonnaise into a small serving bowl and serve alongside.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Beef Tenderloin With Basil-Curry Mayonnaise
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 858.7
- Calories from Fat 595
- Total Fat 66.1 g
- Saturated Fat 21.9 g
- Cholesterol 235.0 mg
- Sodium 486.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 52.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: